- The Medical Examination of Candidates for admission to Sainik School will be carried out by a Medical Board.
- It is not possible to lay down precise standard for height, weight and chest measurement for these candidates. But the Medical Board will be guided in its assessments by the physical standards laid down for candidates for admission to National Defence Academy. Height and to an extent weight are constitutional qualities which are largely governed by heredity. Therefore candidates whose parents are short statured and below normal weight may not eventually attain the minimum standard height and weight required for the Armed Forces. This point should therefore be borne in mind by the parent / guardian of such candidates before they seek admission for their children / wards.
The important facts concerning health are given below:
- Visual Standards Distant Vision
The minimum acceptable visual standard for admission to Sainik School will be standard II
Colour perception : CPI(MLT)
- Note (a)
- Myopia not to exceed minus 1.5 D including Astigmatism.
- Manifest Hypermetropia not to exceed plus 2.5 D sph including Astigmatism.
- Fundus & media to be healthy with no changes of myopia.
- Visual fields-to be full in each eye.
- Binocular vision and steriopsis must be good.
- The above will have to be certified by a Govt Employed Ophthalmologist in advance of boy's arrival for admission.
- There should not be squint or morbid condition of the eye or the lids which is liable to a risk of aggravation or recurrence.
Laboratory Investigation -
Blood -Routine exam HB, TC, DC, ESR
Urine -Routines - Albumin, Sugar, Deposits
There is a provision to give appeal to the Principal for a review of the medical examination if a competent medical opinion is produced within 10 days after publication of final merit list.
Remedial operations are to be performed prior to entry. No guarantee is given for ultimate acceptance and it should be clearly understood by the candidate that the decision whether an operation is desirable or necessary, is one to be made by his private medical advisor. The school shall accept no liability regarding the result of operation or any expenses incurred.
It will also be ensured that :
- There is no evidence of weak constitution, imperfect development, serious malformations or obesity, and that there is no evidence of heart murmur.
- There is no maldevelopment or impairment of function of the bones of joints.
- There is no impediment of speech.
- There is no malformation of the head, deformity from fracture or depression of the bones of the skull.
- There is no impaired hearing, discharge from or disease of either ear unhealed perforation of tympanic membranes or signs of acute or chronic suppurative otitis media or evidence of radical or modified radical mastoid operation.
Note:- A soundly healed perforation without any impairment of the drum and without impairment of the ring should not be a case of rejection.
- There is no disease of nasopharynx.
- there are no enlarged glands in the neck and other parts of the body and that thyroid gland is normal.
- knock knee and flat foot are not eligible for admission.
- phimosis and caries teeth are not eligible for admission.
Scars of operations for the removal of tuberculous glands are not a cause for rejection provided there has been no active disease within the preceding 5 years and the chest is clinically and radiologically clear.
- There is no disease of the throat, plate tonsils or gums or disease or injury affecting the normal function of either mandibular joint.
- There is no sign of functional or organic disease of the heart and blood vessels.
- There is no evidence of pulmonary tuberculosis or previous history of this disease or any other chronic disease of the lungs.
- There is no evidence of any disease of the digestive system including any abnormal of the liver and spleen.
- There is no hernia or tendency there to.
- there is no hydrocele or definite varicocele or any other disease or defect of the genital organs.
A candidate who has been operated for hydrocele will be accepted if there are no abnormalities of the cord and testicle and there is no evidence of filariasis.
- There is no fistula or fissure of the anus or evidence of hemorrhoids.
- There is no disease of the kidneys, Cases showing albuminuria or Glycosuria will not be accepted.
- There is no disease of the skin, unless temporary or trivial. Scars which by their extent or position cause or are likely to cause disability or marked disfigurement
are a cause for rejection.
- There is no active latent, or congenital disease.
- There is no history or evidence of mental disease. Candidates suffering from epilepsy, incontinence of urine, or enuresis will not be accepted.
Sainik School Chandrapur, Village – Bhivkund,
Ballarpur Taluka, PO - Visapur,
Dist - Chandrapur
Maharashtra - 442701
Location on Map
All Rights Reserved @sainikschoolchandrapur.com Designed And Maintanied By : Smartcom Enterprises